Sign Up to Join us in DC in March!
Sign up below to join CODEPINK in Washington, DC on the weekend of the 8th Anniversary of the Iraq invasion, March 18-20.
- Friday, March 18, 5-8pm: Pre-action gathering at Busboys and Poets (5th and K Streets NW) featuring speakers Medea Benjamin, Chris Hedges, and David Swanson. Live music by Deadwood, with special guest Watermelon Slim!
- Friday, March 18, 8pm: CODEPINK meeting to discuss Saturday events. This meeting will take place at Busboys and Poets (5th and K Streets NW) following the pre-action gathering.
- Friday, March 18 9-11 pm: Iraq Veterans Against the War/Civilian Soldier Alliance Fundraiser: Join Iraq Veterans Against the War and Civilian Soldier Alliance for an evening of live music, delicious Ethiopian food, and social empowerment at the Ras Hall. Come support Operation Recovery: Stop the Deployment of Traumatized Troops, a veteran-led campaign to win the right to heal. This is an ALL AGES event.
Location: RAS in Petworth, 4809 Georgia Avenue NW
- Saturday, March 19, 11am-Noon: CODEPINK "Women Say no to War Rally" at Lafayette Park. Join us for music, speakers, and inspiration for continuing the fight to end wars!
- Saturday, March 19, Noon: Rally at Lafayette Park and March on the White House
Speakers include: Ret. Col. Ann Wright, Ralph Nader, Chris Hedges, Mike Ferner, Elliott Adams, Caneisha Mills and more!
Coordinated by Veterans for Peace, more info at StopTheseWars.org.
- Saturday, March 19, 6-8 pm: Forum: Move the War Money, Save Our Communities: The Washington Peace Center, Military Families Speak Out, and others are collaborating on this forum exploring the effects of our over-inflated military budget on our local communities. Hear from local DC organizers on how the economic crisis is affecting DC and how we can work together across issues to change the situation . Location and more details here.
- Sunday, March 20, 2 pm: Rally at the Quantico Marine Base in Virginia to support accused WikiLeaks whistle-blower Army Pfc. Bradley Manning. Supporters will gather for a 2pm rally at the town of Triangle (intersection of Main Street and Route 1), then march to the gates of Quantico. Event endorsed by the Bradley Manning Support Network, Veterans for Peace, Courage to Resist, CODEPINK, and many other groups. Courage to Resist is coordinating buses to Quantico. Please complete sign-up below, then register here if you'd like to reserve a seat on a bus from D.C.! (they are filling up)
- Monday, March 21, all day: Join the Friends Committee on National Legislation to lobby your member of Congress to end the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq! Details here.
If you are coming from out of town and need housing in DC please contact Shaden to connect with the DC Activist Housing Board.